This is a new season for us...TWO girls in soccer. just keeping up with who is playing and practicing when and where is a challenge. Now we see Rachel channeling her excessive supply of energy into something structured. This is great! She is tearing up the field, handling the ball with ease, and running all over her male teammates, literally. She made one little boy cry Monday night when she ran into him and kept going. And she never stopped. She keeps the coaches laughing and even held her own while filling in on Olivia's team one night. So far so good. We'll see how it goes when there is actually another team on the field and she has to stay focused on her goal.
Olivia is doing well too. I can see that she has matured a little since last year and is finally being aggressive with the ball. Last year she never would go after the ball if someone else had it...she thought that was being rude. HA HA. Now she is playing on an all-girls team called the Heartbreakers, which she thinks is the coolest thing. We will have games every saturday at 9 or 10 for Rachel, and 10:30 for Olivia. Olivia also has games on Thursdays at 6. Busy time!
In other news........the girls have decided to change the name and sex of our cat...instead of Thomas, he is now a girl kitten named Fluffy. ??
It's Valentines week which means candy, parties and lots of little valentines...I can't believe it's already the middle of February. Olivia is excited about her school party and really wants to make all her valentines. I'm not sure that i'm up for that. I mean, she has 20 kids in her class and that's a lot of gluing and writing. I think Wal-Mart makes great valentines.........................
That's all the news i can think of at the moment. Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment